• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient disappears after failed copy/paste?

wjogert

Apprentice
Reaction score
I copy / paste ingredients to create a duplicate entry for my inventory... so that I can modify color, moisture, alpha, etc without modifying the original BeerSmith entries.

However, frequently when I select the ingredient it opens the "type" field for editing rather than just highlighting the ingredient (bad finger pad clicks). If I don't notice before I CTRL-C and CTRL-V... the selected ingredient just disappears! I can search endlessly for the ingredient and it is nowhere to be found.

Can anyone explain why?? The mistake I made SHOULD copy the type field text and paste it back into the same field. Is there a way to recover the lost ingredient??

Thanks.

There is an undo command (Edit Undo) which will undo any cut or paste individually, but yes if you cut an ingredient it will remove it.

I never use CUT. I'm asking why when I copy & paste it will delete the ingredient being copied if the "type" field is accidentally open for edit.
(I've discovered this happens if my finger pad registers a "middle button" instead of "left button" when I'm trying to highlight the ingredient)
This happens in INGREDIENTS, not in a recipe. When this occurs, the UNDO button doesn't work.

I DID recover the lost ingredient by removing the add-on and reinstalling it.

I guess the answer is... it's a bug that only I encounter, so be more careful when editing ingredients.

Back