• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Input/output BOTH Imperial and Metric simultaneously?

rcole1958

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I've overlooked this option.

Would it be possible to have the software work in both Imperial and Metric at the same time? For example, it would be great to input your grain bill in EITHER measurement system and have it display the equivalent in the other system automatically. Sometimes, I like to jump back and forth, especially if I am tailoring someone else’s base recipe.

And, on the brew sheet for example for batch size it would show 19L/5Gal. For hop additions it might indicate 57grams/2 ounces, etc.

Thanks for the consideration! Love the product, by the way. Been using it since the v.1 days.

The software will convert to the measurement system you selected as your default. Example: enter 1 kg of grain and 2 lb. 3.3 oz. (2.2 lb.) will be displayed. If you selected metric as a default, the opposite would be true.

Yes, thank you. What I’m hoping for is a dual display so that at any one time both Imperial or Metric are concurrently displayed.

And on my Brewday sheet I would love to see BOTH measurements printed out.

I don’t believe this is possible with the current version. I believe you are forced to elect EITHER Imperial OR Metric.

Cheers.

If you want you could print it in metric, then go to Options->Units set it to English and print a second copy, but at the moment there is no dual display of units.

Back