• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is it possible to get BSXM into Mobile without desktop version?

linnebrygd

Apprentice
Reaction score
I recently purchased Beersmith Mobile for Android and i now wonder if i possibly can import BSXM files to either cloud or the app without using a desktop version of the software?
The reason being i don't have the desktop version!

If not i just purchased a rather useless and expensive (for an android app) set of megabytes.

Second this one, we should be able to pull in both .bsxm and .xml files with the mobile app as these are the file types that the desktop software allows.

you can search the recipe cloud on the mobile app, but i gather this isn't exactly what you're trying to do... where is the file located that you're trying to pull in?  wherever it is, you can save it to the cloud, locate it on your phone, then save locally.

For me, it doesn't matter where it's located (in a cloud service or locally on the device) as there is no import option on the mobile outside of the app.  The particular item that I was looking for is a recipe that I downloaded form another brewing site (Bull City).  I do not have their user name (to look it up), and have had zero luck locating it on the web version.  I have not been able to import it to either recipe website or the app since it's .bsxm.

Check out my other posts to find out what my issues are with the cloud share itself.

Thanks

Sorry for a late answer; expected to get notification but i guess i forgot to tick that!

My BSXM file is located on a desktop PC with no BeerSmith software.

I have been trying to upload it via the web interface without luck.

It's not only recipes but also equipment profiles.

I'm greatful for any help in this matter!

Hi,
  No you can't import a BSMX file directly into the mobile version.  Currently you have to go through the cloud but you can transfer profiles and ingredients by saving them from a recipe.  There is a video here on it:
http://beersmith.com/video

Brad

I'm not sure that answers my question. Is whats you say possible without the desktop software?

Seriously Brad! I posted less than 6 minutes after your answer and you have not yet been able to reply?

That is correct - you need the desktop version to read/write BSMX files.  The mobile version does not do it yet.  The only way to move recipes into/out of the current mobile app is via the cloud.

Brad

7 years on, I have just purchased the Android version of Beersmith 3 and I still can't see anyway to import a .BSMX file into the mobile app. I have a 30 litre Angel Homebrew Brew Devil and the relevant .BSMX file from AHB. I'd like to import it into my Beersmith 3 mobile app - is there any way I can do this? I'm reasonably confident with moving files around in Android so at the very least, can anyone tell me where in the file system the local profile files are stored?

Cheers, Gerry

The current mobile data is in a SQL database, so not in BSMX format. As I mentioned you can use the desktop to import into the cloud easily.

Back