• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Issue with Recipe Date Field

offroadbrewing

Off Road Brewing
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a Mac running macOS Monterey 12.6 and Beersmith v3.2.7 and I have and issue with the date field not accepting numerical values from the keyboard. When I try to enter in a date (year for example .... yyyy) and "2022" all I see is '22'. If I save the recipe, and view the date in the My Recipe list, it is showing a completely incorrect date.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this? Wasn't there a calendar picker at some point in the past?

I also a Mac running macOS Monterey 12.6 and Beersmith v3.2.7. All my data fields are dark gray. I changed my Look and feel settings and all of the different settings give me a dark field on the input box. If you look close it is black type in the dark gray field and almost looks like there is an empty field. Also when I use the note tab all the inputs area is dark gray and very difficult to see.. I reloaded the app and have the same results. Anybody find a fix for this

I had a similar issue with the coloring. I switched to the 'white' color scheme and it seems to, sort of, fix that issue. Still having the issue with the fields however. Not sure if they are related.

I'm not sure - I don't see it on my Mac but different ones have different drivers.

I will add this to my bug list to see if I can resolve it in the next update.

On this issue, At night when my system is in dark mode the page is basically black and white and you can't even read the lines in a recipe unless you click that line then only it is readable. Basically the whole recipe is grayed out and the program is unusable. If I go to system performance (on the Mac) and force the display to light mode then it's useable with only the input boxes grayed out.
I can send pics if that would help..
Thanks

On this issue, At night when my system is in dark mode the page is basically black and white and you can't even read the lines in a recipe unless you click that line then only it is readable.
To correct this go to your Apple Settings dialog for the computer, and go to the General tab and set the computer to run in light mode.

I am working on a dark mode fix for the next release.

FYI for anyone still having this problem. I just had this issue and couldn't figure out how to fix it until I reached out to BeerSmith.

I had switched to light mode as stated in the above post, but that didn't fix the problem. You have to actually close BeerSmith and reopen it before the changes work. Once I did that, everything's good. All the fields are white with black font.

Last edited:
Back