• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Kettle Size

A

atarlecky

Hi -

I wasn't sure if this forum is the correct place to put my question - I looked but couldn't find a technical support forum.

I was wondering if there is a location in beersmith to account for kettle size? My issue is that when I plan some large mashes my kettle size does not always fit all the runoff that I would plan on putting IN the kettle.

Thanks!

- a

If you go to your equipment settings there is a Boiler section. If you take the check mark out of the "Calculate Boil Volume automatically". You can set the max boil volume for your equipment to match your equipment.

Cheers
Preston

OK - maybe what I am missing is that when I select "Single Infusion-Batch Sparge-No Mash Out" I am not seeing any of the batch sparges showing up in the instructions. The first step is the "mash-in", then "Drain" then... nothing.

Attachments

• Mash.jpg
    Mash.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 6
Can you post your recipe.bsm file for us to look at. This will help greatly.

Cheers
Preston

Please find the recipes.bsm file attached!

- a

Attachments

• recipes.bsm
    17 KB · Views: 2
The issue you are having is related to your equipment settings. You are brewing an AG batch but you don't have all of the equipment settings filled out. I took your recipe, made a copy of it. Added the "7.5G and Cooler" equipment settings to it, and now it has the sparge step added to the brewsheet. You can go to http://www.beersmith.com/equipment_setup.htm to get the basics of setting up your equipment. This should get you in the ball park.

Cheers
Preston

Back