• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Keyboard Shortcuts Still Missing from Mac OS X Version

Just noticed that some keyboard shortcuts do work but they aren't listed in the menus and the menu doesn't 'light' up for the action. For instance if you click on a recipe then use the copy and paste command it successfully duplicates the recipe. On the other hand when inside a recipe, the copy command doesn't work at all. Are these inconsistencies going to be corrected?

I doubt it.  I've asked for them for the past couple years for the Windows version.

Hi,
  Most are there from My Recipes view.  Within the recipe it gets a bit more complex since you could be copying the field instead of an ingredient or recipe.

Are you trying to dup the ingredients or copy a field within the recipe?

Brad

From my point of view, it would be great if the program just followed normal standards.  If the currently selected item can be copied, then it should have all the appropriate ways activated, Ctrl-C, context menu Copy, Edit menu copy, toolbar button copy...

As far as you specific example question, it depends on what is selected.  The recipe is selected when the folder view is active means the whole recipe.  If an ingredient line inside a recipe edit is selected, then just the ingredient is copied (so I can paste it into another recipe).

Again, just my opinion.  I'd be happy to evaluate and make recomendations if you are willing to take on the task.

Brad, There are...

No keyboard shortcuts are listed in the menus.
No menu highlights when a keyboard shortcut does work.

I'm only interested in copying text. I brew with two partners and need to send recipes to them for evaluation. I send both pdf and bs2 versions of the recipe. The file names are often long and cryptic so I need to copy the file name in recipe view and paste it in the save and print dialog boxes.
In the recipe view cut, copy and paste are greyed out but strangely cmd-c does work.
I both the Print.../Save as PDF and Export Selected... dialog boxes present a blank field for the file name. cmd-v does not work here.

Btw, I discovered that cmd-s is the shortcut for export all. What is the shortcut for export selected?

Repeating what Beer_Tigger said, it would be great (read necessary) if BeerSmith2 just followed normal standards.

Are you going to correct these inconsistencies?

Thanks, Keith

While ti would be great if the expected OS X shortcuts (CMD-*) worked, iI'd even accept if the "Windows" ones worked (i.e. CTRL-*)!

Back