• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Know HTML? Create some report templates!

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
BeerSmith 1.3 supports custom report templates.

I'm interested in making additional templates free for download and also including the best in the next version of BeerSmith.

For examples - copy some of the files in your:
 c:\Program Files\BeerSmith\templates

directory.  You can modify copies of the recipe templates and then test them by using the "reports" tab on the "Options" command "Tools" menu.

I'm very interested in developing some new HTML (or text) report templates.

Some ideas:
  - HTML templates with graphical background that can be used to print fancy beer bottle labels.
  - HTML files customized for recipes - of any kind (some of the default ones are not particularly brilliant!)
  - Additional competition reports based on major competition registration forms

Cheers!
Brad

Doc,
 It looks great!  If you wish to release it to the rest of the community let me know and I would be happy to add it to the updates page.

Thanks!
Brad

I've fixed it up so it displays better if you don't have my special font installed.
Sample in the URL in my ealier post has been updated for the template change.
I've also emailed the updated version to Brad.

Beers,
Doc

Thanks,
 I did receive the files.  I will post it to the "data updates" page in the next day or two for anyone who wants to download it.

I will probably post the version without the separate fonts to make it a little easier to download and install.

Cheers!
Brad

I've created another template this arvo for doing bottle labels. Using one of my brewery logos and the recipes name, alc vol, date, and brewers name out of BeerSmith you have instant beer bottle labels.
Will test without my font tomorrow and post a mockup page.

Beers,
Doc

Update.

The name of the beer seems not to display if you are not using IE. I know a number of you aren't using Internet Explorer, so it won't display properly.
This appears to be because I used Frontpage and WordArt to get the pretty graphics etc.
Doh, should have used a standards compliant editor
This is what it should look like.
HourGlassIPALabel.JPG

Beers,
Doc

Thanks,
 I will post the templates this weekend, and link them to the news list on the main window so it is easy to find.

Cheers
Brad

Hi,
 Ran into a slight technical glitch along with the holiday rush.  I have a workaround I will post along with the files shortly.

Sorry for the delay...

Cheers!
Brad

Back