• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Leap Year Issue - wxAssert DateTime Error tm.IsValid() on 29 Feb

Bithead

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've been using BS2 since July with no problems. I've had build 57 running since the end of December with no problem. Starting this morning I get the wxWidgets Debug Alert when starting. I respond NO, get one more wxWidgets Debug Alert error with text different than the first, then BS opens and I can work. I've tried a clean install including renaming the My Documents/Beersmith2 folder.
I've searched and have not found any other possible solutions.

Since I don't know the code, I am making a very educated guess (as a software developer) that there is an issue with the software handling the leap-year. Try rolling your date back a day or ahead one day and it should work fine.

Guess I'll just ignore it till tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi,
  I'm merging several other threads into this one...

There is a "leap year" bug in BeerSmith 2 which results in the attached error (see attachment).  The bottom line is that it is a "leap day" only problem. 
    - Press cancel button  to suppress warnings, and you can continue to use the program
    - I set my system date forward and verified that this is a "one day" problem - it should not occur 1 March and onward

I will post a fix for it in the next patch so it does not occur again in four years.  Pressing the "Cancel" button when the error appears will let you work around the problem for today.

I do sincerely apologize for this - it was a very subtle problem with a default date initializing the program, and obviously hard to catch in testing.

Thanks for your patience!
Brad

Attachments

• BeerSmith Error.jpg
    BeerSmith Error.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 598
Thanks,
  Someone just reported the "one off" days here in March and I'm debugging it now.  I'm hoping to include a fix in the next release in a few weeks.

Brad

Back