• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Linux WINE questions

Has anyone had any problems using BeerSmith with the most recent version of WINE (0.9.32)?  I tried following the instructions for getting BeerSmith to work, but it doesn't make it past the splash screen and WINE does a register dump. Any thoughts?

0.9.32 is running well for me.
Could you tell more about your config? Wich distribution do you use?
I understand Beersmith was running with a previous version of wine. Am I right? If yes, what did you change?

I'm currently using Ubuntu 6.10.  I had no luck using BeerSmith with either the latest version from the WINE repository (0.9.32) or the version in the Edgy backport repository (0.9.30) and following the recommended install instructions for using BeerSmith with WINE.  I had not tried using BeerSmith yet with WINE as i am a new user...I've heard about it for a while, and finally decided to try it. 

After a little thinking and searching, i found that the version of msvcr70.dll that was being called by the Mozilla control was not functioning properly.  I copied msvcr/p70.dl from the system folder into the mozilla folder, and this time BeerSmith was able to run.

Back