• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lock Inventory Items to the Inventory List

randy.cantrell@storytelle

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to implement a feature to lock Inventory items to the Inventory List. Unfortunately, once an item goes to 0, it disappears from the list. It is handy to be able to use the list to know which items we want to keep in stock. At a glance, I would be able to see the inventory items at 0 and know to order. But, as it stands, now, the item disappears and I have to remember which we are keeping (essentially maintain a separate list of my own and compare to the Inventory to see what is missing).

Sounds like you're seeing this happen when you click on "add fermentable", "add hops" or one of the other options on the design pane. You likely have the "Show only items in inventory" box checked for that type of ingredient. You can uncheck it and all items in the main inventory data base will be displayed. Otherwise, if you click on Ingredients on the top ribbon and select the ingredient type, even items with a zero inventory level will be listed. This is a more permanent list that you need to manually add or remove items from.

be able to use the list to know which items we want to keep in stock. At a glance, I would be able to see the inventory items at 0 and know to order. But, as it stands, now, the item disappears and I ha
Sounds like you're seeing this happen when you click on "add fermentable", "add hops" or one of the other options on the design pane. You likely have the "Show only items in inventory" box checked for that type of ingredient. You can uncheck it and all items in the main inventory data base will be displayed. Otherwise, if you click on Ingredients on the top ribbon and select the ingredient type, even items with a zero inventory level will be listed. This is a more permanent list that you need to manually add or remove items from.
I am working from the Web version, rather than the Desktop version. That said, I am aware of the ability to see the complete inventory of all potential ingredients in both versions of the app. For recipes we brew, there are several dozen ingredients we keep in Inventory. I don't want items disappearing from the Inventory list when the amount on hand hits 0.

The inventory items don't necessarily disappear but I do hide items that have zero inventory.

Perhaps I could add an option to display items with zero inventory.

That feature would be very much appreciated, a time saver, and insure our folks don't miss anything on the reorder when scanning the Inventory list. The simple inventory management tool you have added here really can be leveraged easily in our shop with this one minor fix and if we can figure out the snag with the Update Prices feature. Thanks for your help and an excellent product

Is it possible to implement a feature to lock Inventory items to the Inventory List. Unfortunately, once an item goes to 0, it disappears from the list. It is handy to be able to use the list to know which items we want to keep in stock. At a glance, I would be able to see the inventory items at 0 and know to order. But, as it stands, now, the item disappears and I have to remember which we are keeping (essentially maintain a separate list of my own and compare to the Inventory to see what is missing).
I would agree this feature would be helpful. I have been trying to make more use of the Inventory List, though I am not fully there yet. This is one issue that kept me from moving from tracking my items in a spreadsheet. I have just entered the amount for an ingredient I want to restock with a very low value, like 0.1 oz of Columbus.

Back