• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Looking for new beer suggestions

dinabashirian

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a new beer to recommend me? I’m a huge Budweiser fan but I also like miller highlife and light
Coronas are pretty good to.
Any thoughts on Modelo?

What is your experience level and do you have the ability to control fermentation temperature? An American Lager or Mexican Lager would be your best choices. If you are fairly new to brewing and have no temperature control then a Cream Ale is just about fool proof and always a crowd pleaser.

You can't go wrong with a blonde ale or a Kolsch.

As for Modelo (do you mean the Negra?). If so, Vienna lager or a Dunkle will get you close. There may be some clone recipes out there, look around.

Belgian Wit is one of the easier ales to brew and I find many people who enjoy light lagers also will enjoy the Wit.

Seconded on Belgian Witbier. And I would also suggest Hefeweizen. What's not to like about either? Smooth, easy-drinking.

If OP doesn't have temp control, look into Kveik yeast for pale ales and such. That yeast ferments clean, way into the 90s. Some Kveik strains do well up to 104F (40C).

Anyone got a new beer to recommend me? I’m a huge Budweiser fan but I also like miller highlife and light
Coronas are pretty good to.
Any thoughts on Modelo?
To drink or to brew:)?

You might like a radler, which is a mix of a light lager and lemon soda. The word is German, meaning bicyclist, and the drink is very refreshing after a long ride. Strictly speaking not a beer, though.

To drink or to brew:)?

You might like a radler, which is a mix of a light lager and lemon soda. The word is German, meaning bicyclist, and the drink is very refreshing after a long ride. Strictly speaking not a beer, though.
Radler? Hmm... I'm both German and a cyclist and can do without Radler.

Radler? Hmm... I'm both German and a cyclist and can do without Radler.
I'm doing a lot of cycling, too, and I am also able to forgo a Radler at the end of a ride:). But we're getting off topic ... ;).

I rather like Radler, though I seldom drink one. It's light and refreshing and has low alcohol. A bit sweet, but not cloying.

A Belgian colleague of mine - I used to be a teacher - whom I once stayed with on an interchange program, told me he considered Duvel (8.5% ABV) an excellent lawn mover beer. He usually had two, he said! And that's where I think a Radler is a good alternative:).

OK, I was seriouis about the Radler. But if I'm to be even more serious, I'd say a good, crisp German pilsner is the best next step for a person fond of the light lagers. Way more taste, but still just as refreshing.

A kölsch is more or less the same, and an extremely nice beer. But if we are talking about brewing, it's hideously difficult to get it right, i.e. clean enough. It should have no more esters than a pilsner, and that's something I have never managed.

Back