• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost data from a cloud recipe including beersmithrecipes

bougie1st

Master Brewer
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I am towards the end of fermenting a recipe and have just lost a significant amount of data in this file.

I keep my recipes in the cloud while finalising planning, brewing, fermenting and then until the keg is empty.  After that, I move them to the local folder for saving.

This recipe/file was working fine until today.  I took a sample this morning to do a forced diacetyl test and retested the gravity.  I entered some notes and saved, then closed the file and beersmith.

I came back to enter some more data, and a significant amount of detail is lost.  Hops and yeast are missing from the recipe.  The session data is gone. Volumes are there. Fermentation data (temps/gravities) are gone.  Notes are gone.

I have most of those details in the archive, however the fermentation data are missing from the printout - is this a bug/missed section?? - so I cannot simply go back and enter that data in.  This should be addressed if the archive is to serve as a potential back option (by re-entering data)

I cannot find a local copy or backed up version.  Recover from Auto Backup does not seem to include the recipes on the cloud (which also seems to be an issue).

I now cannot access this file on beersmithrecipes.com - it states cannot download from server.

Brad/admin - can you restore it online so that I can get my data back?

I have attached the current bxml file and also the archive print to show that the fermentation data are missing.
 

Attachments

  • East Coast Low lost data.bsmx
    27.5 KB · Views: 49
  • East Coast Low lost data.pdf
    484.5 KB · Views: 53

bougie1st

Master Brewer
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I'll put the answer on here as I'm guessing no-one knows how to recover from the archive.  I emailed Brad and he responded directly to me

The solution is to go to the archive, select the version (as I did above) and, rather than generate the pdf, use the copy button on the ribbon.  You can then paste the complete file/record (with everything) into whichever folder you choose, thus recovering it.

A simple and clever solution, if not intuitive
 
Top