• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost Recipe in Cloud

alestateyall

Apprentice
Reaction score
Beersmith Mobile gives an error when loading one of my recipes. Beersmth2 on PC opens the recipe from the cloud but it has no ingredients or notes. Beersmithrecipes.com say there are no ingredients.

Is there anyway to recover the recipe and notes from the cloud or PC?

I can find the recipe. It was JZ's Munich Madness. But I want my notes.

Thanks!

Can you let me know what your BeerSmithRecipes account name is (either here or via PM?).  I can take a look.  If you have a paid account there are archive copies automatically made which I might be able to recover from.

Brad

My Beersmith Recipes username is alestateyall.

The recipe was called "JZ's Munich Madness."

Thanks.

I pulled the actual record from the database and unfortunately it is a truncated file.  I've only seen a few instances of this, and believe it may be a problem with the transmission getting cutoff when moving the data to the server.

I'm going to add some additional logic on the server side to detect incomplete transmissions and at least flag them as an error.

Unfortunately there is not much I can do about this particular recipe.  The archive is active for paid accounts, but yours was a free account, so there is no automatic backup.  The only other suggestion I have is to check the backups of the Cloud items in your Documents/BeerSmith2 folder.  You can open the older Cloud.bsmx files (numbered ones such as Could5.bsmx) there and see if there is a copy there.  Just copy/paste it back to My Recipes if there is one.

Brad

Thanks for your help. I found a cloud.bsmx on backup server. It don't have all my notes but it will do.

My use case is to leave active recipes in the cloud and then update from Beersmith Mobile on my iOS devices and from Beersmith2 on my PC.  I generally use only one device at a time but still think the cloud copy of recipes doesn't always stay in proper sync.

Back