• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Maple Sap

S

SiLiZiUMM

Hello all,

I am going to use maple sap as water replacement in my next batch. I am not too sure how should I add maple sap to beersmith for my brew calculations...

Maple sap is very clear when taken from the tree, but darkens when boiled (boiled for 60min it should be very light in color). AFAIK, it contains about 2% sugar in solution. BYO states (http://byo.com/referenceguide/grains/grains5.html) that the color is 3 LVB and gravity is 1.009.

How should add this in Beersmith, knowing that I am using a volume (batch size) of sap, but that I must enter the amount in weight? Should I figure out the weight of the sugar in the maple sap for one Litre, and multiply that by the total volume of maple sap that I will use?  ???

Thanks!

Put tyhe % sugar in the "Dry Yield Fine Grind" box.

In BeerSmith you can do math in the qty entry box, so enter 8.34*5 for 5 gallons

(1 gal of water weighs 8.34 pounds)

Fred

Back