• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash and fly sparge

BlackHoleBrewery

New Forum Member
Reaction score
For my mash ,I picked single infusion no mash out. My mash steps call for fly sparge. I don't do fly sparge. My set up is a 10 gallon igloo cooler. I just heat up my sparge water to get my grain temperature up to 152 degrees. Should I use all my heated water all at once? How can I get the program to not show fly sparge?

Edit the mash profile you are using and under 'batch sparge options' click the box which reads 'Batch Sparge with batches that fill" to let the program know you are not fly sparging.  I would also recommend that you click on the box which reads 'drain mash tun before sparging' otherwise the program will divide up your sparge water to fill the mash tun before signaling the drainage step.

If you are doing a full volume BIAB, then check the box below that which reads 'BIAB mash with full boil/ and the program will apply all your mash water to the initial mash infusion.

thank you so much for replying. I am still having trouble. I will try it again soon. Thank you very much. I need to figure this out.

I found this video helpful in setting up my mash profiles... https://youtu.be/CZ0TFtMnzxs

Back