• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash In Temp - Bug?

windrider

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Second brew using Beersmith 3 so still fairly new to it. I design my recipe on the desktop version, then upload it to the cloud and transfer it to the mobile for the actual brewday.

I've noticed that it gives two different mash-in temperature values in each version of BS3 (see screenshots attached). Grain / Mash Tun temperature set the same.

- Beersmith 3 desktop: 75.1c
- Beersmith 3 mobile: 77.3c

Which one should I use? Lol

Thanks,
Jonno

Attachments

• BS_01.png
    BS_01.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 328
  • BS_02.PNG
    BS_02.PNG
    396.5 KB · Views: 324
In the edit mode, on mobile, I see a similar difference. However, when you simply tap on the profile for the recipe, it should match the desktop. On my mobile, the strike temp has a decimal place and the desktop doesn't, so there may be some rounding.

I suspect that in the edit mode, the variables for equipment and grain temp are not calculated. Perhaps specific heat is ignored, as well.

Yep it matches until you edit the recipe. Then the calculation varies from the desktop version.

I brewed this weekend and took the average of the 2 figures. Mash was 1?c over the estimated temp. So can confirm the desktop is the correct value to use.

Hopefully it can be fixed on a future patch? ? Like using the mobile version for brew days and on the fly adjustments  8)

Back