• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash temperature adjustment in BS moblile?

bstacy1974

Apprentice
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just technologically challenged, but I can't figure out how to change the mash temp in BS mobile.  The pre-set temps for Light body is 149F, I think.  Medium body is 152F.  I'm mashing at 150F.  Not a huge deal I guess, but I'd like to adjust my recipe in the app to document my actual mash temp.  The desktop version, of course, does this very easily.  I typically transfer my recipe to my laptop and do the change there, but that's an extra step to the process. 

Hello there

1) Open the recipe
2) Select edit
3) Scroll down to the brew session data, select the gear icon to the right of the mash profile, not the mash profile name directly
4) Now select the mash profile
5) Edit the mash temp at the top

Don't forget to save your way out

Good luck

Rick

So this is what I see when I click on the gear to the right of the mash profile.  I have no option to change the mash temp.

From this screen select the mash profile or the arrow on the right, the step temp is on the next screen

Happy hunting
Rick

Finally got it to work.  But it only opened because I was lightly tapping the arrow out of frustration.  I've repeated the process a few times now. It takes anywhere from 10 to 30 light, quick taps with my stylus to open the next screen.  It's a bit frustrating.  I believe I'll stick with the transfer to desktop method. 

I downloaded the app to my phone to see if the issue was corrected.  Same problem.  It takes forever to try to enter the mash temperature adjustment screen. 
Also, I found out the hard way that the strike water temperature adjustment is way off.  I double check my equipment profile and  temperatures for mash tun and grain in both versions.  The desktop version gave me a mash in temp of 168F.  The mobile version said to mash in at 175F.  I just about ruined a pale ale.  I'm trying to mash at 150F.  I didn't think that 175F looked right so I stopped at 172F.  Doughed in my grain.  Mash mixture temp was 155F.  Had to add cold water to bring it down.  Undershot, of course, so I'm currently mashing at 147F. 
I can't find the setting that is causing this discrepancy. 

Back