• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash timer addition

bpaulik

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to add an additional timer step in the mash profile?

I would like to add a reminder 10 minutes into the mash to take a PH reading. I have tried to add an additional "Ingredient" on the Design tab which is set to mash for 50 minutes but, that didn't change anything on the timer tab. I have also tried to add a Mash step on the Mash Profile tab. In order for it to work I had to change the "Mash In" time to 10 minutes instead of 60. Then add the mash step (PH reading) as a 50 minute.

Is there another way to do this other than manipulating the information? With the PH reading being such an important step to make sure things are going as planned I would think that there would be a better way to do this.

The only way I can think of would be to add an additional mash step at the same temperature. Probably start with the main mash step but change the main mash-in to 10 minutes. Then add a second step of 'temperature' type at 0.1 degrees higher as this will force it to come after the first mash in step. Make this step the remainder of your mash time.

So, I guess that is essentially what I am doing. It would be nice to be able to add timer notifications for these types of things in a future version (just my two cents). Thanks for the quick response. Beersmith.png

Back