• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

memory integrity - hardlock.sys

RichBenn

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've moved my Beersmith 2 to a new computer that runs Windows 11. I get startup errors saying the (outdated) hardlock.sys(by Aladdin Systems is incompatible with the new memory management Security features, but I can't figure out what program is using this outdated driver. Is it Beersmith 2.x? Does or did Beersmith 2 use hardlock HASP?

I've used BeerSmith since ver. 1.xx and never heard of it. It appears to be 3rd party security software. A lot of info available searching for hardlock.sys.

I've used BeerSmith since ver. 1.xx and never heard of it. It appears to be 3rd party security software. A lot of info available searching for hardlock.sys.
Unfortunately, I've spent hours searching. I have no idea what program I reloaded that may include it. Most everything I use is either new or public domain stuff, both of which are unlikely to use it.

I'm the author and I have no idea what hardlock.sys might be. You can google it and it looks like it is a system file part of the operating system so possibly you are missing an OS update?

Perhaps, the following are helpful?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2023.

Back