• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Milk Crates Cheap & Legal

CR

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I was surfing around looking for milk crates and stumbles across this molding company with a real need to be moving product:

Square 16 Quart crates $5.00 each - Color Black
Rectangle 24 Quart crates $7.50 each - Color Black

Snipping: about $20.00 east coast, $30.00 midwest, $40.00 west coast for a box of 6 crates via ups ground service
Tony L
Tony0424@aol.com
www.AdmarPlastics.com

They are legal, you get a receipt, and you can't be arrested for mere possession of non-trade branded crates. Many states have mere possession of milk crates defined as a statutory crime but they gotta have a dairy's name on them.  These don't

The deal with Admar is that the dairy industry is dying and the molds they own with which to make the crates are very expensive and they gotta run 'em or lose money - period. Money is a harsh mistress when you need her.

CR said:
They are legal, you get a receipt, and you can't be arrested for mere possession of non-trade branded crates. Many states have mere possession of milk crates defined as a statutory crime but they gotta have a dairy's name on them.  These don't

The deal with Admar is that the dairy industry is dying and the molds they own with which to make the crates are very expensive and they gotta run 'em or lose money - period. Money is a harsh mistress when you need her.

I'm sorry, but I was floored by hearing that it is illegal to be in possession of milk crates.  I grew up in Pennsylvania and I remember hearing this as a child, but I always assumed that it was an urban myth.  I guess the Dairy Lobby is more powerful than I thought.

I used to manage a large fluid milk operation.  You would probably be surprised at the tens of thousands of dollars spent on crates and how many are stolen even when labeled with "Property of ..."  Just because they are small and very nice for carrying things does not mean someone doesn't own them.  As one method of deterring theft, we would sell non-branded cases at the bottling plant at our cost.  Many people took advantage.  More took the cases. 

I'm sorry, but I was floored by hearing that it is illegal to be in possession of milk crates.  I grew up in Pennsylvania and I remember hearing this as a child, but I always assumed that it was an urban myth.  I guess the Dairy Lobby is more powerful than I thought.

Oh yah baby you can pick up a felony in some states for mere possession.
PA is  one state where  possession is a crime.
Some states make  it a crime to use one in an  "unauthorized manner" which would catch up any one sitting on one out back of a restaurant.

CR said:

Oh yah baby you can pick up a felony in some states for mere possession.
PA is  one state where  possession is a crime.
Some states make  it a crime to use one in an  "unauthorized manner" which would catch up any one sitting on one out back of a restaurant.

But we are talking about crates stolen from companies right?  I mean I know Wal-mart and Target both sell generic milk crates....at least they do in California.

Berkyjay said:
But we are talking about crates stolen from companies right?  I mean I know Wal-mart and Target both sell generic milk crates....at least they do in California.
Yes, only the ones owned by someone are illegal to steal.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, we sold non-branded ones at the bottling plant. 

we sold non-branded ones at the bottling plant.  

That had to feel like shoveling against the tide.

CR said:
That had to feel like shoveling against the tide.
Yes.  We mostly were giving people the opportunity to be honest.  Some appreciated it.

I remember the administration posting signs warning about this issue in my college dorm and it was a foot-race to steal a sign for your room. 

Ahh youth. How quickly it fades hopefully to be replaced by the wisdom of maturity and the caution of experience. 
And hopefully not the kind of experience that led to prison.

I ordered a box ( 6 count) of the 24 quart rectangular milk crates.  $7.50 each  and $20.00 shipping.
Got 'em 2 days after I ordered 'em.

These things are the real deal milk crates that every body loves to illegally appropriate. 
Heavy sturdy thick and ~ ~ ~  well ~ ~ ~  meaty beefy big and bouncy.

These are not the thin cheezy crap they sell in the Target or WallMart.
These are the ones you can strap to your feet and do  sheet rocking  on the ceiling all day and then  drive your car up onto while you crawl under to switch out the muffler.  These are the SHIZZ~!!

They came in shiny tasteful black and  hold a whole lot of bottles.

Back