• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Missing Ingredients?

esheppy

Apprentice
Reaction score
None of the ingredients that I added over the past couple of years into the old version of BeerSmith are in my ingredients list.

Is this a bug ... or did I do something wrong during installation?

Is there an easy way to export / import from the old into the new now that I have upgraded?

Ok, I figured out how to get ingredients from the old version to the new.

In case anyone else needs to know, simply export your ingredients from the old version to a bsm file.

Open the file in the new version. Then, select all the ingredients from the list, copy them and paste them into your new list.

I would think that ideally, we would not have to do that on the upgrade. I didn't have to re-input my equipment or mash profiles. So, I think this bug is worth adding to the list. But, since I have worked around it, it is not a priority for me.

Use the Add-on feature to download ingredients.  Not the same as what you asked, but except for the ones you added yourself, many are there.

Hi,
  If you have added a lot of custom ingredients you can export them from the old BeerSmith 1.4 as BSM files and import them into BeerSmith 2 - see the video on importing recipes on our videos page.  The other ingredients work the same but you move them from the ingredient views instead of the recipe view.

Brad

Back