• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MoreBeer - Heavy Duty 15 Gallon Brew Kettle w/ball valve

drb1215

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my brew kettle to a 15 gallon MoreBeer heavy duty w/ball valve so that I can do full boils and start AG brewing.

I'm by all means no brewing expert, but quality and craftsmanship is something that is something that I can provide judgement on..

The build quality is excellent!  The welds for the ports are very clean.  The pot has 1.2 mm thick side walls, and a 5 mm thick bottom so heating is even, quick, and maintains heat so I use less fuel when keeping a boil over my old pot.

I've installed MoreBeer kettle diverter, so that I can drain all but 1/2 gallon out of the pot when moving my cooled wort to the fermenter.  Since the diverter pulls from the side (and low), very little of the hot break and hops end up in the fermenter. (a bit of whirlpooling helps)

If you are looking for a high quality brew kettle, that is reasonably priced, and will last a lifetime, check out the Heavy Duty MoreBeer kettles.  Highly recommended!

From 1 to 10, I would give it a 8.5...10 is one of the mystical numbers that means there is absolutely no room for improvement (saved for your spouse when you want a favor or if you are in the dog house!)

-Dan

Back