• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Moving from BS3 to Web?

Everhard

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm considering making the switch from running BS3 on my computer to the web version - I'm currently using BS3 for recipe creation, running my brew day and inventory/shopping control. Is there any limitation on the web version with any of that? (I didn't see any?)
Do I have to pay again for the web version? And is it a subscription model?

Thanks!

E.

Hi,
The web version does not have any limits other than the overall recipe limit tied to your membership level. Note that currently the web version and desktop license are packaged together so if you buy a Gold, Platinum or Pro license you get both of them.

The gold and higher licenses are subscription model but they start at a very modest price of $14.95/year and you can now also choose to purchase 1 year, 2 year or 3 year licenses if you don't want to commit to the autorenewal option.
https://beersmithrecipes.com/checkout

Brad

Upvote 0
Well, it does have some limits as far as functions available on the desktop that are not available on the web version. I have a few dozen customized beer styles and the last time I looked you can't create or save any of those styles on the web version.

Upvote 0
Well, it does have some limits as far as functions available on the desktop that are not available on the web version. I have a few dozen customized beer styles and the last time I looked you can't create or save any of those styles on the web version.
That is true there are a few limitations on custom styles, and no calendar but all of the major recipe building features are available, and any Gold+ web license also includes the desktop version as part of the overall package.

Upvote 0
Back