• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My notes are disappearing

wbeeson23

New Forum Member
Reaction score
If I have a recipe open and go to any other tab before saving, it loses my recently entered notes.  I actually have to hit the save button and then go to another tab for it to save any notes I just typed in.  Any previous notes that were there when I opened the recipe will remain.  Anyone elese having this problem?

Happened to me twice today using 2.0.48, went to another tab came back to the recipe notes and they were gone.

Hi,
  This is very strange as the code should be updating the data every time it changes tab.  I will run some test cases here to see if I can duplicate it or capture cases where it is somehow not grabbing the data when changing tabs.

Brad

I can verify that this is repeatable for me on both OSX 10.6.8 and Windows Vista Home Premium, both using Build 46.

For me, the behavior is like so:  If I have 2 tabs open and am entering notes in both and then close one of the tabs (whether I save it or cancel), the notes in the tab that's still open will delete.  It only deletes the new notes that haven't been saved yet though.

Thanks
  I was able to get this to happen (intermittently) and I will be running the debugger against it shortly to correct it in the next update.

Brad

Hi,
  I still need some help with this one.  I had one session where I was able to get this to actually happen but so far I've been totally unable to duplicate the problem with the debugger running despite several attempts over several days.

Can you provide me with a step-by-step instruction (such as 1. Open a recipe, 2. Click on notes tab, 3. Add notes, 4. Switch the mash tab,....etc...)  to get this to consistently happen.

I really want to fix this one for a patch I'm publishing this week - so help me!

Thanks,
Brad

For me, it's like this:

1.  Open 2 recipes and go to their notes section. 
2.  Type something in the notes section for each.
3.  Close one of the recipes.  For me, it happens whether I click OK, cancel or just click the X to close the recipe.

The notes in the recipe that is still open are the ones that are effected.

What happens for me is not only is the new note deleted, but if I adjust the existing note by deleting some text, it restores it.  So, it seems to me more like a case of the software restoring the text to the last saved version rather than deleting what I wrote.

Let me know if you need more info or need me to try something.

Thanks Brad.

Thanks,
  I finally was able to nail this one down and it will be in the latest patch (to go out in a day or two).  It will be in build 50+

Brad

For my system, Build 50 fixes this issue.  So, other folks, maybe download the newest version.

Back