• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Brewer in NJ

H

historian

Hello!
First I'll say I'm excited to see this site- I started playing around with the free download of Brewsmith, and bought a full version about 3 days into the 20 day free trial.
I think my story is similar to most- My friends and I had been talking about brewing our own beer for a long time, and this past Christmas I was standing in line at a Bed Bath and Beyond and grabbed a Mr. Beer.  It was exciting and fun, and we very quickly outgrew a 2 gallon plastic toy, and so ventured to a local brew shop and bought a starters kit. 
I'm certainly new to the process, but very excited. I've brewed 2 5 gallon batches (and probably about 6 with Mr Beer, which we tried to push to it's limits by brewing "Sweet Lovin'," our chocolate strawberry stout). 
Looking forward to using this site!

Welcome!, I have learned all kinds of knowledge from this forum, Very laid back and full of info

Glad to have you with us. Let us know if we can help!

Cheers
Preston

I never did mr. Beer but co-brewed with a friend.  Then like you, I got my own gear, and graduated to all grain.  I just graduated to 10 gallon batches now.  It is really cool to use two totally different yeasts on each 5 gallon fermentor.  My first is the big brew day beer.  The brewmaster ran me off 12gallons of blondish/palish 1.073 wort. To that I hopped thouroughly and added 2lbs of palm sugar. 1.095-near bonjour beer is split on wy1098 and wy1214. I can't wait until it is done.

Back