• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New brewer...very soon..I hope

Maine Homebrewer said:
(including shipping - I have no local store)

Do you have any health food stores nearby? They often carry homebrewing supplies and may order stuff for you, saving you the cost of shipping.

The closest one is 45 minutes west.  I've tried about every avenue.  There is a lady in town who sells kits (Brewer's best) who can order anything for me, but until I get a grain mill, it's not practical.  Once I have a mill (Hopefully early next year), I may order bulk base and see what she can do for specialty grains to save some $$.  Sometimes the problem with small town stores is that they have to charge such a huge margin to compete that the price goes above what it would cost to ship from an online retailer.  I understand the quandary (you want to support the local business - but with a limited budget, the bottom line definitely has an influence.)

Back