• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Forum!!

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all! 
  I just converted the BeerSmith forum over to a new discussion group.  The new forum includes a lot more features than the old one, so I hope you will enjoy using it.

For example, you can now create polls, add small attachments such as pictures or recipe files, post calendar events, and even customize the theme of the bulletin board (go to your profile).

I appreciate your patience during the conversion!

Cheers!
Brad Smith
www.beersmith.com

Very nice!  Glad to see another SMF user in the world.  I run a few sites that use SMF, so if you need any help with anything, just let me know - I've been using it (and tinyportal.net) for a while - they work great together!

Anyway, nice new website layout!

-Jay

BTW, upgrade to 1.1 RC2 - it is VERY stable!  (also, get your host to install PSpell or ASpell for the spell checker ;))

Thanks Jay!
  I appreciate it - I do like the SMF forum so far.  It seems to be very flexible.

Brad

SMF is the best....I have it setup on my main site....using MK_Portal and on my Baja Bug site using tinyportal (need to update tinyportal on that one though) plus I installed it on about 7 of my customers sites.... need some help...just let me know..

All,
  I just cleaned up the permissions a bit on the forum which should make most of the features available to everyone.  Also I disabled PMs for those who have not yet posted at least 3 posts.  This was necessary to prevent a common spamming attack where spammers create a bugus account and then use that account to PM everyone on the forum.

Cheers!
Brad

Back