• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Houston brewer

F

freeflynick

Hi folks!
I am a Scotsman in Houston (currently somewhere off the coast of Korea on a drillship, but usually in Houston!) just starting in the brewing world.  Got my first batch of pal ale bottled and waiting for my return (fingers crossed, coz I did all kinds of things wrong when making that one!!). Got a few friends in the area starting up as well, and if there are other locals who fancy going for a pint, give us a shout sometime - always willing to meet new folk and share experiences, brewing and otherwise).

Cheers!

Nick

Hey Nick, Welcome to the forum!
I am also in Houston, even in the same industry. I would be willing to meet up (When your back in Houston) for a pint. Every now and then I get together with friends and have a brew day. If your interested, Give me a shout!

Cheers
Preston

Welcome to this hobby, obsession.  You still have time to run you know.  Good luck and let us know how you are doing, or, if you need any suggestions.

Welcome Aboard Nick! 

Don't fret too much about a couple mistakes.  After I made my first batch, I thought af about a dozen things to worry about.  The net affect was great beer and a passion for the hobby and improving.

Preston- look at the post before mine. Imike said "ok" out of context and then has an addspace type tagline

Um you mean I cant sell my devices, exercises, patches, pills, weightloss products, attract women, online pharmacy, sex toys, career, communications on this forum?

ok  :'(

I think I found a new Sig! Thanks  ;D

--------------------------------------

Seriously tho. "IMO" Imike24 did not do anything wrong, I don't condone what he is doing. But everyone needs to eat and he is not panhandling on an of my corners that I can tell. I agree his main message was confusing but he did not tout any wares, nor was he advertising anything in his main message. I rarely look at tag lines anyhow. Most people put Useless Brewing (How ironic is that right? Seriously It's Not ME!) information there anyhow like something funny, or as a way of letting people know what they are brewing. Not that any of that is bad. I just find that it is Useless Brewing (Hmm 2 Shameful Brewery plugs in one paragraph NICE!) information so I skip it, and Yes I have done it before also just like almost everyone I know on different forums.

Cheers
Preston

Preston, hmm I guess I was having 1882 brewery withdrawal. 
Or maybe 1 too many 1882 APAs. Or these yummy belgian Brother Thelonius'

Ok in all seriousness, I apologize if I was captain hardass.

(See I got 2 plugs in too!).

I think my Cubbies open up downthere.  -opps there goes the thread hijacker again!

Back