• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Ingredients/Profiles Needed!

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi
 I've had a number of people asking for the latest hops/yeast/grains/equipment to be added to BeerSmith.

Here's how you can help:
  - Provide suggestions of what needs to be added (specific yeasts, grains, hops) - so I can look them up and add them.

- If you've entered some of these into BeerSmith with accurate numbers, please post the BSM file here as an attachment so I can import them and add them to the next set of revisions.  You can export them by selecting them and using the "Save selected items" on the Actions menu.

- If you are really ambitious, you could pick a grain or yeast manufacturer I don't already have (check the support page first, as I have a lot of grain plugins there) and enter those into a BSM file to post them here.

- If you have a common equipment, mash or other profile, I would appreciate those as well.

Thanks,
Brad

Gambrinus malts for 2011, information courtesy of Cargill  :)

Attachments

• Gambrinus Malts.bsmx
    9.2 KB · Views: 618
Great Western Malts
I hope this works
Rusty

Attachments

• Great Western Malts.bsmx
    12.2 KB · Views: 631
Wow,
  Thanks to all of the contributors - I will take a close look at these and get them posted as Add-ons in the next few days.

Brad

I am uploading the specification sheet from Cargill that lists the specs for a couple of other malt brands if anyone would like to use it. 

I wanted to enter these into Beersmith as well, but it turns out I have some other things to do this week.

I hope it helps!

Attachments

• Product Catalog .pdf
    412.8 KB · Views: 7,061
Found a new type of Hops at Weak Knee Brewing Supply in Pottstown, PA. Zythos Hops. I found this info from Hopunion about the Zythos. I just used em in a Black IPA this weekend.

http://www.hopunion.com/assets/file/ZythosT%20Press%20Release%209-26-2011.pdf

I know this is a really old thread, but I've added both of the Falconer's hops (Falconer's Flight & 7Cs) based on specs available online. Note that I couldn't find the beta acid level, so I left it at the default value, but other than that it should be pretty accurate.

Attachments

• Falconer's Hops.bsmx
    2.8 KB · Views: 550
I added a profile for my equipment:
10 Gal round Igloo cooler with stainless false bottom
10 Gal Winware aluminum brewpot like the one in the link below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CHKL68/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 10 Gal Pot & 10 Gal Igloo Cooler Equipment Profile.bsmx
    1.4 KB · Views: 533
I also added an equipment profile for a system that a guy I brew with regularly uses:
15.5 Gal Stainless Keggle with dip tube
70 Qt Coleman Extreme Cooler with stainless pickup tubing

I verified the specs with him while I was inputting the equipment, so it should be pretty accurate. Added this to my BS database to formulate a recipe that we're brewing together on his system for 2013 Big Brew Day.

Attachments

• Stainless Keg & 70 Qt Cooler Equipment Profile.bsmx
    1.4 KB · Views: 530
Mangrove Jack's Yeast Profiles are attached using 'Notes' from both Mangrove Jack and Rebel Brewer.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Edit: I should mention that I had to make some judgment calls on what percentages are associated with attenuation words (very high, high, medium, low), otherwise the specifics are all pulled from Mangrove Jack's.

Attachments

• Yeast_MangroveJacks.bsmx
    29.7 KB · Views: 875
Water profile for Stockholm, Sweden. Based on the official report from 2012 (yes, that is the latest one)...

Attachments

• Stockholm, SE.bsmx
    975 bytes · Views: 496
Here are some honey types taste profiles from the BJCP do note that SRM color vary but it is a start to just plain honey.

Attachments

• Honey Profiles.bsmx
    19.7 KB · Views: 543
Briess is another set of ingredients that needs added;  http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/

Hopefully this is still the place to post these?  I've created all the profiles for Chicago's Omega Yeasts.

Attachments

• OmegaYeasts.bsmx
    13.1 KB · Views: 518
I've just done all 3 of the Coopers Malts now available which could be used as a fermentable add-on. Pulled the information from the datasheets here.

https://www.ellersliehop.com.au/malt-varieties

Would appreciate if someone could check it over for me as I'm new to Beersmith and had to do a couple of conversions to suit the U.S measurements. Cheers.

Attachments

• Coopers Malts.bsmx
    4.6 KB · Views: 382
Back