• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New member checking in

Norton

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all
  I am very new to home brewing, my first batch was bottled about two weeks ago. It came out very well. I have been growing hops in my yard for about 3 years now and finally decided to use them. I initially purchased them as a fast growing vine for a fence line. I have about 4 types mixed together so it is next to impossible to sort them as I picked them for the first time this year. I used them in my first 5 gallon batch.  I made a IPA 8 lbs liquid Malt, 1 lb Crystal grain, and Fermentis Dry Ale Yeast (Safale US-05) The result was a very good beer. I just purchased the supplies for my 2nd 5 gallons.
  A little about me
Age 56 still working 40 hr week at DTW
Married, our only child is a  10 year old Yorkie
My main hobby is Woodworking.
I've done over 30 Tall Ship cruises last on Star Clipper - Venice IT to Athens GR
My location is about 1/2 way between Detroit and Ann Arbor
Detroit Lions Season ticket holder (row 6) for this awful team but I'm at almost every home game.

This forum will be a good addition to one of my new hobbies

Gary       

Back