• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

[NEW RECIPE] American Brown Ale (Highly Floral)

Grummore

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Hi there, again!

I'm trying to brew with what remains in my inventory. But, a friend asked me if I could try something Floral, but without a citrus taste. I found a few things about Hop Oils (interesting!) but still, I'd like to have your very important opinion.

I'm concerned about when to put my hops to get bitterness and aroma (with Floral in mind). I found that "Geraniol" was the type of oil that could bring me more "Floral", but still, there isn't much % of this oil in any hops over 1% !

In attachment : Recipe, hops and grains inventory and oil charts.

Thank you!

I attached the recipe.

Attachments

• grummore_ambrownale.bsmx
    24.3 KB · Views: 308
  • grummore_hops_inventory.jpeg
    grummore_hops_inventory.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 642
  • grummore_grains_inventory.jpeg
    grummore_grains_inventory.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 621
  • Hop Oil Composition Heat Map.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 282
give bs podcasts 172, 169, 166, and 152 all a listen (those are the most recent, and have a wealth of information)

I'd also add, as it appears you're looking for something a bit dark, maybe look into traditional scottish (or Fraoch) ales and try brewing with a large amount of heather. I also have used lavender in the past, but thats a bit tricky at times.

dtapke said:
give bs podcasts 172, 169, 166, and 152 all a listen (those are the most recent, and have a wealth of information)

Will do. Thanks!

Back