• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New recipe in Beersmit

jmmarcek

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just added my first recipe in Beersmith 2 - a partial mash. I hit the Brew Steps key but the program keeps giving me instructions for an all grain. I must not have a setting correct. Any help on places to look? I went through the setup and all the appropriate entries for the recipe but cant seem to find my error. Thanks.

I am having the same issues with my first recipe. Also partial mash. Have you found the solution? or are you just living with it? I don't see a lot of help in this forum.

Brian

I guess I am not understanding the problem.  The first step with a partial mash is to mash the grains.  I set up a recipe as a partial mash BIAB and it starts with mashing the grain and then adds the LME at the start of the boil.  This is always how I have done a partial mash recipe (although it has been a number of years...)

The extract addition is hidden as the first ingredient in the "Boil Ingredients" section in the attached partial mash recipe. This recipe was all-grain converted to partial mash.

Attachments

• Munich Helles - Partial Mash.bsmx
    22.3 KB · Views: 235
Hi guys

Looking to do a New Zealand brew soon, as homage to the in laws who come from the green island.

Any suggestions on hops, recipe etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back