• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Opening Recipe Files on Beersmith 2 Full Android Version

alexg

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I seem to be unable to open recipe files stored locally on my phone.  I am also unable to upload recipe files from my phone to the cloud.  Can you please explain how this is done because at the moment I am a bit frustrated with the app and feel like it is money wasted.

Thanks!
Alex

Alex,
  Opening your local recipes should be simply a matter of going to My Recipes and clicking on the recipe.  If you can't open it there then you may have some kind of other issue - could you please email me with details of what symptoms you are seeing?

Copying a recipe from your phone to the cloud is pretty simple once you have it open - just open the local recipe and use the "Copy" button - this will copy it to your cloud account assuming you have your cloud login set up already.

Brad

Hi Brad,

If I have a recipe file created by me on desktop version or emailed to me by a friend or downloaded from the web, how can I open these files on android version? Is there a folder I can add the files to so they will appear in "my recipes"

How can I upload to cloud without resorting to desktop version?

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Brad, can you please help me with this?

If this feature is missing, will you add it in the next release?

Thanks,
Alex

I don't have immediate plans to add this - since the phone version and regular version use slightly different file formats.  However I am looking at some way to support this long term as several people have asked for it.

You can obviously find/share any recipe using the shared feature in the cloud - just do a search for the shared recipe by name from the search area.

Brad

Back