• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Post Boil Vol Question

Albreezy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all.  I'm a beginner trying to setup my equipment profile.  So far I've only worked with extracts and use a 15 gal kettle for my 5 gal batches.  As seen in the below picture, I usually put about 6.75 gal of water into the kettle, and end up with close to 5 gal of wort into the fermentation bucket.  Shouldn't my "Post Boil Vol" be 5 gal?  I'm sure its me and not the software, so any advice is appreciated!

The 6.75 gal you filled out is the volume into the fermenter, not the water you put into the kettle.

The program starts with how much wort you end up with in the fermenter.  It then adds the process losses you set in the equipment profile to calculate out the volume of water you need to start with in the kettle.  Where you have 6.75 gal, you answer should be 5 gal.

Back