• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printed recipes get cut off

jayseven525

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Anyone have issues printing recipes?  I've tried printing in a different scale and landscape but it always seems to cut off the RH side of the page.  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

I click on Brew Steps and print that out with no problems. Great guide for brew day and beyond. Puts steps in order and provides a step by step from water treatment to conditioning. No problems with printing at all.

I have tried what bob357 said but that still doesn't work.  The right hand side is always cut off. 

jayseven525 said:
Anyone have issues printing recipes?  I've tried printing in a different scale and landscape but it always seems to cut off the RH side of the page.  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Greetings jayseven - I will assume you?re using the latest version of BS2 (*.*.12) and running on a Windows OS.  If so, within your Recipe List window, select the recipe you want to print.  In the lower pane you will see that recipe.  In the bar that divides the list of recipes and the lower pane, on the right you will see a Drop Down List (I believe it?s labeled options), select Brew Steps.  Then, to the right of this drop down list is the scale in Percent (%). Choose the Persentage that works best.

Hope this helps!  If this doesn?t work, perhaps you can offer more information on your problem

I am having the same issue.  I have tried all the suggestions above and still seeing the right side cut off when I go to print.  I have tried directly to a printer and also to Adobe PDF and it shows perfectly in the Print Preview screen however when it prints the right side is cut off.

Has this  been resolved somehow? I searched the forums and only see mention of this same issue with no resolution. I have been dealing with this for over a year now and would like to have it resolved. 

I am running a windows 10 laptop and do not have any other print issues. Even when I use the reduce (zoom out) option to print, it seems to cut some of the recipe off.  I have been hand writing the missing part on my recipe page and dealing with it.

Now that I have a bit of extra time, I would like to get this resolved.

Any help would be appreciated....

I am running the most recent firmware in my print and it did the same thing on previous firmware. I have all the latest windows 10 patches and am running the latest version of beersmith. 

Perhaps if we could print brewsteps from my mobile version I purchased all would be well?

All,
This is an issue in both version 2 and 3, but doesn't appear to be universal. I'm experiencing it in Beer Smith 3 on Windows 10 with everything up to date and current. Still getting every report cut off on the right side and bottom, regardless of what printer I select (even .pdf).

THE FIX:
In the "Options" dialog at the upper left on the main screen, select "Reports", then click the box to "Send printouts to default browser/text viewer". When it opens in your browser, ctrl-P to print it and it formats normally. This works for all the reports I've tried.

@Ayuir

OH MY GOD -- Thank you! This has been a ridiculous journey for me. Finally got it printed with your method.

Also -- for anyone getting the 'There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document" -- all I had to do was completely remove all traces of Canon printer drivers on my computer. I mean completely remove (remove printer, remove from registry, remove driver and delete package from print server dialogue, etc)

I am having the same problem with the bottom and right side being cut off.  I am using an MS Surface Pro with Win10 and have not other print issues with any other systems or software.  I tried the Print to Browser option and it will not open in the browsers (Chrome and Exp)  If I cant find a solution to this then I'm not buying this after the trial. 

Back