• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing problems

Per

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am running BeerSmith 2.3.7 under OSX 10.11.6.

I am unable to print any recipes. All printed files turn out blank (number of pages is actually correct, but all pages are empty). The same goes for any generated pdfs. I am not getting any errors. If I try using "Print Preview" the program crashes.

I am however able to print a single tab using "Print tab".

Can you try printing from My Recipes view?  Use the Print button on the lower half of My Recipes view (the preview window pane).  You can change report formats from there as well.

Some users have had trouble with the print button on Mac from an already open recipe - I'm trying to debug/fix it now, but the workaround above seems to work OK.

Brad

To confirm, I had the same issue using BeerSmith 3.0.8 on a Mac (Mojave 10.14.3) with a Brother HL-L2350DW printer and printing from the My Recipes view instead of the open recipe worked for me.

Looks like these printing problems also affects the inventory. I was going over my inventory I wanted to print what I had in BeerSmith, but everything is just blank pages.

Is there any fix for this?

I'm using version 2.3.9 with MacOS 10.13.6.

Printing a recipe from the My Recipes view doesn't work either. Printing the Brew Steps view and Print List in the My Recipes view works though.

The inventory report is pretty hard to read as it is formatted.  I recommend opening your inventory and clicking on 'file' > 'save as csv'  and saving the file.  You can then open it up with any spreadsheet program, reorder as needed, and reformat to be more readable when printed.

I just downloaded BS 3, and it appears to have similar issues, however I just found that using Print List works for both BS 2 and BS 3, which is perhaps by design. It is good enough for me.

Back