• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problems after upgrade from 2.x to 3.x

Andrzej

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

after I finally activate BS3 - which wasn't easy, those problems started to appears:

1. When starting the program: "
Primary Recipe File Problems
Your primary recipe data location appears to be corrupt but there is a backup present - I will attempt to load the last session backup of your recipes.
"
after clicking OK:
"
BeerSmith: Another Copy May Be Running
There is a file in your BeerSmith data directory that indicates another copy of BeerSmith may be using that data.
You can only run one copy of BeerSmith at a time, or you risk data loss.
If you have your BeerSmith data on a networked drive or are running another copy, please close BeerSmith before proceeding.
However if BeerSmith crashed or did not shut down properly the last time you ran it, you can proceed.
"
I ignore this info, because it's not true in any single word of this info.

2. Then Program starts but very often appears: Beersmith3 Error. Couldn't register clipboard format ".

Any suggestions?

Regards
Andreas

PS. I have some printscreen files I wanted to attach to this message, but a 4.3MB file is a big problem for this server. Funny.

I'm sorry you are having these problems. Are you on Mac or PC and did you change anything after installing (like moving directories or user accounts)?

Also we had one user with a similar issue after an update, and simply rebooting the computer corrected it.

Brad

Last edited:
I'm sorry you are having these problems. Are you on Mac or PC and did you change anything after installing (like moving directories or user accounts)?

Also we had one user with a similar issue after an update, and simply rebooting the computer corrected it.

Brad
I'm on Windows 11.
Didn't change anything in directory structure. BS2 works with no problems.

I restarted PC few times.
I uninstalled and reinstalled BS3 as well.

Regards
Andreas

Try the following
- Create a blank empty directory somewhere for your data
- Open BeerSmith and go to File->Change Document directory and point it to the new location
- restart BeerSmith

This should clean up the basic data issues you are having.

Brad

OK. It works now. What I did?
1. Uninstalled BS3.
2. Deleted BS3 directory in Documents (if existed).
3. Deleted BS3 directory in users roaming directory.
4. Installed BS3 again without importing data from BS2.
5. After activated BS3 i manually (using BS3->File option) import data from BS2.

Not sure which step was crucial (#3 perhaps) but now BS3 works perfect.

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you are back up and running - I apologize for the problems.

Back