• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

problems with re-install/cant find files

agroff383

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have a problem still with trying to get the software to work properly and to get my recipes back. I had to send my computer in for repair so i backed up the hard drive including all beersmith files. i restored all the data to the computer once i got it back, and beersmith wasnt registered. so i registered it with my old key, and now when i open beersmith it says "cannot find file:/// please check path and try again". i should have every last file that i need to run this program. i backed up the entire hard drive. the beersmith folder itself has over 2300 items in it which i dont understand why there is that many files, there never was before, and the recipes are no where to be found... i suck with computers so any help is appreciated.

Hi,
  It will show that message if the installation is not complete.

I recommend you download the latest version, install it to a DIFFERENT directory, register it and then use the new copy to go back and open your Recipe.bsm and other files if needed so you can copy/paste your recipes into the new copy.

Brad

thanks for the reply.

i downloaded a new copy to a different location but i go to open the folder where the old one is and go to open recpies.bsm and nothing comes up. is there another file?
what file are my recipes actually on?

Back