• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ready to purchase.... but first-

88Q

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am really happy with the functionality of Beersmith, and want to register (purchase) right away, but having read a post from you that a complete rewrite is slated for a fall 09 release (we're there), I was wondering if I were to purchase Beersmith today, would I get the new version when it's released? Or should I wait for it's arrival? I have 15 or so days left on the trial, and want to support your efforts to provide such a great program, but obviously I would want the "newest and greatest"!!!  Been brewing for 25+ years and just started all grain multi step and love what I am doing. Other software out there doesn't seem to be up to date, and is poorly supported. Love what you have done!

Thom
88Q(Quebec)
happy_beer.gif

Thom,
 I have not set a specific upgrade policy, but at the moment I'm looking at a discount for all registered users as well as some kind of free upgrade period for those who purchase near the release date.

At the moment I don't have the release date nailed down either, but it is still going to be early 2010 at the earliest.  I still have quite a bit of work left to do.

My guess is that you will get more than your money's worth by the time we release the major upgrade.  Also, there is nothing that will expire on the current version so you can use it as long as you want before deciding whether to upgrade.

VR
Brad

Back