• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe suggestion, good spring beer

Aplam

Apprentice
Reaction score
So recently my lady found out she wasn't allergic to beer but something in Anheuser products and has found a love for all things stout and just trying new beers. So for Christmas I decided to try and get her into brewing starting off with a Chocolate Coffee Stout (gonna bottle the second week of February)

My question is this, I am trying to think of a good beer for spring to try to make with her both that she would like and that would be good for living in the Midwest in Spring She has expressed interest in making a fruit ale for 4th of July but that's a bit of a ways off for me and I need to fix that itch

Suggestions and expertise would be greatly appreciated

bocks traditionally, blondes, pilsners.

bocks, pilsners are great because it's easy to keep em cold for 2 months of lagering. then it's spring and they're delicious!

Add to the list above some of the styles that I like to have around in the spring:

Helles and Vienna lagers
American Wheat featuring late additions of hops which have tropical fruit, mango, light citrus aromas and flavors
Cream ale, English bitters, Scottish ales all get high marks in the spring.

I have always heard (but have never seen any proof) that the reason some people have bad reactions to certain AB beer is because of the rice adjuncts they use.

I have a great ginger ale recipe that is basically 3 versions. A standard pale ale, an IPA and a pilsner.
I add 3 oz of fresh chopped ginger per 5 gallons. The result is so refreshing, that it is definitely a thirst quencher.
I attached the latest one I did, but you can play around with it... I have 7 different versions. The only thing I suggest is to stay towards lighter beers. I tried this idea with a red and a brown, and it didn't play too well.

Attachments

• GINGERED ALE 2018.bsmx
    24.8 KB · Views: 297
Back