• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

recipe view ingredients not visible

pilotdane

Apprentice
Reaction score
Beer Smith has been working fine but today I have an interesting problem.  In "recipe view" nothing is visible in the window.  The ingredients are not visible but they still appear in the "total grains" and "total hops" windows.  Anything I add to the recipe is not visible but it does show up in the total abv, total grains...  The ingredients are visible when I click "preview brew sheet".

I am running Beer Smith on a portable hard drive (the computer I work on at home does not have a printer, so I bring Beer Smith to work and print out my brewsheets).  This problem has not appeared before but I wonder if it relates to opening the program on various computers.  I opened the program and immediatly imported the Dingemans grains, copied a grain and pasted it into my grains list.  I then entered my just imported grain into my recipe.  The total grain weight increased (as did the other parameters like srm, abv...) but nothing is visible in the window.

I've just looked in my Beer Smith folder and these are the files in the main folder that show being modified today:
grain.bsm
grain_1.bak
newopts.opts
newopts14.opts
notes.bsm
options.bsm
options_1.bak
recipe.bsm
recipe_1.bak

I've read the old posts about the deleting the newopts14 file.  I totally deleted the BeerSmith folder on my computers C drive... no change.  I finally deleted the newopts14 from my portable hard drive and the recipes are now visible.

Back