• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipies missing data?

m750

Brewer
Reaction score
I've noticed that I have a few recipes that I can't see any details for. I can see them on the cloud via the web, but cannot see them on lite app on my iphone. I tried copying them to the phone and I still can't see the details. Anyone else have this problem?
I tried removing them, and refreshing them, reboot, etc.
Any ideas?

--
Update, this bug basically makes beersmith lite useless if I can't see my recipes. I'd appreciate someones help on this.

Attaching a bsmx of the beer that shows no details.

Attachments

• broken.bsmx
    18.6 KB · Views: 312
Thanks,
  I've downloaded this file and will take a look at it later today.  I'm not sure why this particular recipe has an issue, but I'll try to resolve it as soon as possible.

Brad

Hi,
  I just fixed it on the server end - at least on my mobile device the broken recipe now displays properly.  It had some special characters in it that were causing parsing problems, but I was able to correct it on the server.

Brad

Brad,
I appreciate looking into it. It appears to me, that it's not limited to that recipe. is there something I should be aware of in one of my configurations? It also happens with http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/77651/peppliner-weiss
I wonder if there is something about either my brewing profiles, or brewer setup that is causing the issue.
Where specifically was the bad special charaters? If it's something I did, I can likely clean up the recipes on my side.
thanks,
Aaron

I'm also noticing something wierd, that recipes seem to overlap. If I open one, then go back to another, I end up with some of the ingredients from one showing up in the listing for the other.
I'll take some screen shots and make a post later.
Thanks,
Aaron

Thanks
  Please email any recipes you have trouble with - most can be resolved pretty quickly.

Brad

Brad,
I'm not seeing any problems at present. I was interested in knowing if the cause was local, or remote, so I can prevent something on my side.
Thanks,
Aaron

Hi,
  It was a failure of imagination on my part.  The app handles non-ASCII characters differently than the desktop and online site, so I translate all of them when they get downloaded.  I handled everything above a character code of 255, but missed a few below that.  Your recipe had one of the ones I missed.

So now it handles all of them properly and you get a good display on the mobile app.

Brad

As a software support engineer, I feel your pain. Thanks for clarifying.

Back