• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

RoboBrew equipment and BeerSmith Tutorials

bcflyfisherman said:
I would like to a series of video's showing how to brew with a Robo Brew system and using Beer smith.

If you give me a week untill after Christmas I'll do a series and put it on YouTube I have robobrew gen 2 and gen 3.

I have been brewing with the system since it was released and am more than happy to do a small batch to demonstrate using it.

Looking forward to seeing those videos.

Meanwhile, Short Circuited Brewing has a video on  how to set up a BeerSmith profile on an electronic system.  Link to this is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEbjOt8OR8&t=10s

Oginme said:
Looking forward to seeing those videos.

Meanwhile, Short Circuited Brewing has a video on  how to set up a BeerSmith profile on an electronic system.  Link to this is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEbjOt8OR8&t=10s

Short circuited does good videos.

Thanks I would ike to see the videos swell.  I have watched Short circuit and he does have good demos. I am having problems with water volumes. I use the amounts recommended in Beersmith. Sometimes when I mash in I have to much volume and it covers the centre tube and grain get into the pump and plugs it. seams like some of the recipes do not have correct volumes. I don't know how to adjust before I start the batch.

Your mash volumes are controlled in your mash profile.  Is there a pattern to when you have too much water in the initial infusion?  Like higher grain bills? 

You can set the volume of your mash tun in your equipment profile to be the level of your overflow pipe.  Then when the volume exceeds the capacity, the 'total mash volume needed' on the mash tab will turn red and you can see it and make an adjustment before you brew. 

To adjust the mash volumes, you can open up the mash profile and edit the infusion step to add less water when adding the grain (infusion step).

Back