• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Screen Display

dave3210

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have been using Beersmith for a long time with no issues. Now when opening the software, it displays a semi-blank screen. Changing the "Look and Feel" option to Green causes many data entry areas to be blacked out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot #1.pdf
    718.7 KB · Views: 7
BeerSmith does not run well under Dark Mode on the Mac currently. I'm reworking this but it required a substantial change to the base code.

I recommend running the current version in light mode on the recent Mac versions.

It actually does not work well in the light more either, some fields are still blacked out. Any solutions?

Yeah, I'm having this problem too. Didn't seem like it was an issue until more recently.
Upon changing it to Light via my Mac's settings, it's back to normal. I set it to auto actually, so I guess for now, I'll just use BeerSmith desktop during the day.
*Update: Almost back to normal. All of the fields for entry are dark grey.

Last edited:
Here are the screenshots for reference...
*Turns out the files are too big to uploaded. STANDBY...
Make sure you close BeerSmith first, then change to light mode. Changing modes while the program is active can result in the problem you mentioned above.

Back