• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

searching specific terms in help index

grathan

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am trying to find out how to add a recipe to the brew log. Flipping through a bunch of tabs and cannot find it. I figure I'll try search in the help file.

search for  brew log.

A bunch of useless stuff pops up. So i figure quotation marks around the words would limit hits to matching only documents with both words in exact sequence. Nope, same useless stuff pops up. It says "?" and "*" wildcards are supported, no idea why you would need them though. Is it possible to search for exact phrases? If I search for just "brew log"? I get returns like "brewer dialog".

Also anyone know how to add a recipe to the brew log?

Open your recipe folder and click once on the recipe you want to transfer to the brew log.  Up above is an icon which is labeled, 'copy to log'.  Click this and a copy of the recipe will be transferred to the brew log.

Any idea where the recipe folder is?

In Windows
On the my recipes tab I can right-click on a recipe, but I don't get that option, just things like upload to cloud folder and some other junk.

I should have been more clear:  left click to highlight the recipe.  The "copy to log" icon is on the menu bar for the home tab.

I'm not sure yet where the folder is stored.

Ahh there it is. Is the "calendar" the brew log then? I wonder why I have other beers on it ready for bottling already that I didn't even brewed yet?

The calendar is not the brew log.  Depending upon the calendar settings, you can have any recipe appear within the calendar.  If you go to the options dialog box, at the bottom of the first tab is calendar settings.  Here you can adjust which recipes are displayed on the calendar.  Currently, I have mine set to display only those recipes in the brew log where I am listed as the brewer.

The date that the calendar uses is the date on the design tab of the recipe.

Hope this helps.

I hate to be a pest, but how do you see the brew log then?

And there it is. Thank you so much.  :)

Any idea what the Recipe Version Number does? Search is coming up empty on that as well.

grathan said:
And there it is. Thank you so much.  :)

Any idea what the Recipe Version Number does? Search is coming up empty on that as well.

Nothing very useful.  its just a number. 

If you change it, then when you save the recipe beersmith is supposed to ask if you want to save it as a new recipe, and it will add the version number to the saved name (to make it unique).  Pretty useless really.

it was supposed to be a stopgap "feature" to placate those of us who were asking for some kind of robust recipe versioning/history system.  I think that was 2 years ago.

Back