• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Set up Foundry/Anvil 10.5 system

Hetken1

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all,  I could use some help creating  my custom Equipment Profile(s) for my Foundry/Anvil 10.5  (220v) system.  Could use the "fill in" specs for this specific system.  New to BeerSmith and finding it a bit confusing :(
Thanks
Ken

If you have not done so already, click on 'add-ons' and then select the filter to show 'equipment'. A stock profile for the Anvil Foundry should appear at the top of the window on the left.  Highlight it and click on 'add' to import the profile into your equipment profiles. 

Now, open it up and familiarize yourself with the user inputs.  Those you will want to measure as you brew and update the profile to reflect how you operate your system.  For 240v operation, you will want to make sure the boil off rate is set for 1 gallon per hour.  I highly recommend renaming the equipment profile and adding something that would identify it (I use the date tacked on to the end of the name) so that you can tell what version of the profile you have in your recipe if you do make updates.

I recommend brewing a simple recipe to begin so that you can get used to the equipment, identify your actual losses and efficiency, and figure on any changes you might want to make for future brews.  Feel free to come back and ask specific questions as they arise.

Hi  I only see Equipment add  in the left upper and when I go there the Foundry/Anvil is not listed.  The closest is 10.5 BIAB

The window should look like the picture attached.  In my case I have the Anvil systems added and it appears on the right where those profiles I have already installed.

Attachments

• BS addons equipment.jpg
    BS addons equipment.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 37
Back