• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping List units

x3la

Brewer
Reaction score
If you add items to the Shopping List in one unit (grams for example) and then change the global Preferences to another weight unit (oz for example) the changes are not reflected in the list.

x3la said:
If you add items to the Shopping List in one unit (grams for example) and then change the global Preferences to another weight unit (oz for example) the changes are not reflected in the list.

(I brew in SI units but have to purchase in Imperial so it's useful to be able to switch units after adding in order to place an order)

Because the shopping list stores "generic" units it will save whatever units you use when you create the shopping list item.

Brad

Would be a nice to have if it would display based on current unit preferences, regardless of which system was used as input.

I create my recipes in metric, the brew shop only deals in imperial. I have to go through my entire shopping list and convert metric into imperial manually for each ingredient.

Even if it was just the ability to have a conversion on 'hover over'? (I'd find this option useful throughout the application).

Back