• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping List

Atl_Pakman

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When in "Shopping List" and adding purchased fermentables using the "add to inventory", I noticed the "unit price" changes when the inventory is updated.  Example:  I input $0.68 per pound of malt, and it calculates "cost" correctly in the shopping list; however, the inventory is updated with correct quantity and incorrectly updates $20.48 per pound.

I did not see this error in miscellaneous or hops.

Did you by chance order 30 lbs. of this malt, in 5 or 10 lb. increments?

Atl_Pakman said:
I noticed the "unit price" changes when the inventory is updated.

I've noticed something similar, but with different "math" behind it. In my case, both hops and fermentables were taking my price per pound and recalculating it as price per ounce. I first noticed this when I did updates to recipe prices. I sent a detailed note to Brad quite some time ago and he updated me yesterday that he had traced the bug and corrected it. It should be fixed in the next update. No doubt that among many other upgrades and improvements, this one was harder to find because it probably happens to fewer people.

Hi,
  I worked on this bug this week and the fix will be in the 3.1 update.

Brad

Back