• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Some recipes are not updating across different platforms

wakeele

Brewer
Reaction score
I've recently finally started using the cloud for recipes to access, update/change or create across my desktop version, web-based version and through the app on my iPhone. I tried making a new recipe to use across all platforms, but it's not showup on my desktop version at all. Then, when I make changes on my phone, it's not being updated on the web version. On top of that, my equipment profiles are different on all three, with desktop being my primary means of using BeerSmith for over a decade. I hit save anytime it's an option on every platform. I try refreshing and still nothing changes. As far as I can tell, I'm on the most latest versions of everything. Are my expectations too high for just expecting cloud functionality to work like it does with Apple or Google to some degree?

*OK, so I just created a complete recipe on the desktop, hit save, then hit OK. It disappeared and then I checked for the recipe and it's nowhere to be found in my recipes anywhere, either on the desktop or cloud. Clearly I'm thinking it should save somewhere. What am I missing???

Last edited:
You have to manually add a recipe to the cloud. I assume you are doing that? Just making a change on your mobile device does not change anything on the desktop and vice versa until you manually upload the change to the cloud.

Similarly equipment profiles or ingredient add-ons do not cross over. If you make a recipe on your desktop using a new equipment profile you will upload it to the cloud... then retrieve it on your mobile device. On your mobile device open the new recipe and scroll down until you find the profile and then tap the pencil icon on the right side. Scroll down again until you see the option "Save to My Profiles".

As for your disappearing recipes I have to leave that for someone else to answer. Best of luck.

The desktop version does keep cached versions of the cloud recipes and it is (theoretically) possible to open a cached version of the recipe if you are rapidly switching between platforms. However opening cloud view or even click the refresh button from cloud view it will update the listing to the latest changes made on the cloud.

It is also possible to have a recipe open somewhere (like the desktop) and then make changes somewhere else. Then go back to the desktop where the open recipe is and save it and it will overwrite. I'm putting additional checks into the next version to prevent this, but the program will save whatever version you last worked on to the cloud, even if it might be slightly older than one you saved on another device.

Back