• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Starting a recipe from scratch

[email protected]

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have several brewing friends and many of them are not using Beersmith software at all or they could use Beersmith better than they do.

I find it very pleasing to start a recipe from scratch and build my own recipe. That can easily keep me busy for several hours. Many of the recipes newer make it to the kettle but I use them to be a better brewer anyway.

I suggest that Brad & co. could make an article on how to make a good recipe from the start and what to look for in the software. Maybe that could the step for my brewing friends, who still not use Beersmith.

Cheers from Denmark

"recipe templates" would be a nice option! so when starting a new recipe, basic ingredients/steps would be automatically included.

Rabello,

This is already available in BeerSmith.  You can start a recipe and load it with your most often used ingredients and profiles and then click on 'set as default' in your toolbar and what you have just created will then be saved as your default recipe template.

Oginme said:
Rabello,

This is already available in BeerSmith.  You can start a recipe and load it with your most often used ingredients and profiles and then click on 'set as default' in your toolbar and what you have just created will then be saved as your default recipe template.

oooops.. i didn't know it :)

thanks!!

Back